Founded in 1976, The Subcontractors Association of Northeast Ohio serves members in Summit, Stark, Portage, Medina, Wayne, Lake, Cuyahoga, and Geauga Counties.
We have union and non-union members in the trades including electrical, mechanical, drywall, plaster, steel, masonry, concrete, plumbing, roofing, and excavating. Our supplier members include manufacturers, wholesalers, and material suppliers. Our service members include insurance providers, attorneys, bankers, accountants, and consulting firms. Our members value the core idea that an association remains strong and vital by doing business with other members.
Why Join SANEO?
- Voice In The Industry: Through your membership in SANEO, you will be aware of the latest government regulations, and laws that affect your business everyday. SANEO’s lobbying efforts give you a voice in your future.
- Learn, Grow and Save: SANEO offers educational programs designed to keep members current with emerging business opportunities and techniques. Most workshops and seminars qualify for continuing education credit hours toward OCEIB state licensing. SANEO members are always on the cutting edge of the construction industry.
- Exchange Information: at informal and formal gatherings and meetings. These give contractors an opportunity to share ideas, exchange business practices, and to discuss legislative issues. You will never miss another important deadline, and you will learn time-saving and money-saving tips from people who truly understand your business. Plus, you will enjoy the benefits of fun and friendship that this association offers.
- Together, SANEO members have buying power! Participating in the group programs may save you more money than you pay in dues!
Our events bring subcontractors and suppliers together, because no company is in this industry alone.
All members are welcome to quarterly meetings and nearly 12 events per year. These meetings are where decisions are made that affect you as subcontractors and suppliers – issues are discussed and plans are made for legislative work. From these meetings come the proactive government relations stances taken by SANEO and promoted before the construction industry and the State of Ohio legislature.
- Drug Free Work Place Training: We have Certified Trainers available for both the Employee's and Supervisor's required training. Don't forget... Workers' Comp savings depend on this training being completed by the end of March every year. We've got both in-person and virtual classes available.
- Plan Room: A list of all projects currently up for bid are available in our plan room. Receive updates and addenda notification on every project available in our plan room. Online plans can be viewed in our facility or online.
- Full-time office staff: If you would like to view a project we do not have, we will make every effort to obtain what you need and notify you. If you need a copy of a bidder’s list, we can email it to you.
- Printing and Plotting: Blueprint copies and any other copying needs you have, all done here on site.
- Business Practice Interchange (BPI): Monthly opportunity to gather information the business practices of industry professionals. Orchestrated by our association attorney.
- Workers’ Compensation Group Savings Program: Our Workers Compensation Group Rating Program administered by Sedgwick http://www.sedgwick.com/ohiotpa boasts an average savings of nearly 30-50% for most members.
- Monthly Legal News and Mechanics Lien Data: Procured daily from Akron Legal News, Stark, Summit and Portage County Recorder's Offices and send directly to your inbox.
- Mechanic’s Lien Program: Discounted legal fees for filings.
- Free Notary Service
- Safety Consultant Services: Participating members in our Workers’ Compensation Safety Program are provided representation at hearings.
- Plotter Paper: Let us know what size rolls you need, we'll order it and let you know when to pick it up! Shipping available to your facility for a fee.